How to show/print guidelines over color rows & columns?

Old May 13th 08, 07:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amiris221

Default How to show/print guidelines over color rows & columns?

when I add color ro a row or/and columns the guidlines disap4ear - How do I
ge them to show up over the color? On the spreadsheet that I haven't
colored, they are fine,
Old May 13th 08, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin Fishlock

Try setting the colo(u)r of the gridlines to a contrasting colo(u)r.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Bangkok, Thailand

Old May 13th 08, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amiris221

Sorry Martin, but even when I take the color off and go back to white the
gridlines NRVER return.

Old May 13th 08, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

If by:
> Sorry Martin, but even when I take the color off and go back to white

you mean that you selected White from the Pattern palet then it will still
cover the borders. Try selecting "No Color" instead.

If you want to colour the cells and still have edges to then then use
Borders:

Format > Cells > Border

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

Old May 13th 08, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph[_2_]

There is a difference between making the background white and making it "no
fill". A white (or any coloured) background pattern will indeed hide your
gridlines.

You haven't quoted the message to which you intended to reply, and you seem
to have replied to your own original message, not to anyone else's
follow-up, so I don't know what they suggested, but have you tried Format/
Cells/ Borders ... ?
--
David Biddulph

Old May 13th 08, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin Fishlock

If you use the fill color then the gridlines are hidden (even with white).

Use No fill to get the gridlines back or use borders to set the gridlines on
the areas where you want lines (but these print out as well).