Why does my mouse select multiple cells each time I click?

Old May 12th 08, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mama324pump

Default Why does my mouse select multiple cells each time I click?

I am fairly new to Excel. I just created a worksheet and now all of the
sudden every time I click on the page, it highlights/selects multiple cells
all at once. How do I turn this off? Did I push a button I wasn't aware of?
Thanks!
Old May 12th 08, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Imonit

Hello there.

Are you using a laptop? Perhaps it's your laptop mouse settings?

I don't know of any features in Excel that will allow you to select
multiple cells based solely off a mouse click. Would be interested to
know of Excel does do that!

On May 12, 3:23*pm, Mama324pump

Old May 12th 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Do you mean that the selection is anchored on one cell and select up to the
new cursor position? If so does it say EXT at the bottom of the screen? If
so press the function key F8 to come out of Extended mode.

If there is no EXT showing try *gently* tapping the wheel of the mouse
several times

--
HTH

Sandy