math formulaes arent working in excel

Old May 2nd 08, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Russ Johnson

Default math formulaes arent working in excel

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of sick and vacation days and the
spreadsheet math seems to have stopped working. These are very simple
addition and subtraction formulae's and I don't see anything out of the
ordinary.
--
Russ Johnson
Old May 2nd 08, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Russ,

What do you mean: "stopped working"?
What happens? What do you see? What did you expect to see?

Check:

Tools>Options>Calculation tab>Automatic

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old May 2nd 08, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H

Try

Tools|Options|calculation

select Automatic
Click Ok
Tap F9

Mike

Old May 2nd 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reitanos

As Niek has said, automatic calculation may be turned off, so that
Excel will not perform calculation until prompted.

Another common problem that presents itself this way is when another
user accidentally replaces formulas with values by typing over them.

On May 2, 4:09 pm, Russ Johnson