Vlookup with the result being once cell below the orginal value

Old May 1st 08, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ALEX

Default Vlookup with the result being once cell below the orginal value

Hi

I have a vlookup in which I wanted to return the value for the cell right
below what would have the orginal cell.

This is the Formula I have. The result will return the value in E100 since
the value looking is in A100. I want the resulting value to be in E101
instead.

=VLOOKUP($M2,Sheet1!$A$10:$H$4009,5,FALSE)

Any assistance is appreciated.
Old May 1st 08, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Use this instead

=INDEX(E10:E4009,MATCH(M2,A10:A4009,0)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

Old May 1st 08, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Use MATCH to find the row and then incorporate into an INDEX formula. Look
in the help index for MATCH & INDEX

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old May 1st 08, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

Try this:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$E$10:$E$4009,MATCH($M2,Sheet1!$A$10 :$A$4009,0)+1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP