Adjusting numbers to nearest preferred number

Old May 1st 08, 10:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BRob

Default Adjusting numbers to nearest preferred number

I've a named and sorted range of integers (called 'ScalePts') - about 20 in
total.

I've a set of numbers in Column E (about 600).

In Column F, I'd like to put in the value from 'ScalePts' that is closest to
the column E value.

Can SKS help.

TIA

Rob

Old May 1st 08, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Rob,

Look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/TablesAndLookups.aspx