Keyboard Shortcut to move to top of column in worksheet?

Old March 21st 05, 05:55 PM
piddilin

Default Keyboard Shortcut to move to top of column in worksheet?

What is the keyboard shortcut to move to the top of a column? Also what is
the keybord shortcut to get to the bottom of a column (of my worksheet) not
row 65,536)?
Old March 21st 05, 06:21 PM
cvgairport

There are commands to do what you described. The ones that I know about arre
the old Lotus navigational commands such as {End}{Up} and {End}{Down} to move
up and down a column of data. To access these handy commands you must go to
the Tools/Options command. On the transition tab, in the middle, click on
the Transition Navigation keys. That should restore all the Lotus
navigational commands including {Home} to get to cell A1 and tab to move
across the screen one window at a time.

Hope this helps,

Amy

Old March 21st 05, 06:24 PM
Max

Try:

CTRL + Up arrow
CTRL + Down arrow

--
Rgds
Max

Old March 21st 05, 08:19 PM
piddilin

Some cells in the column are blank so CTRL+Up arrow, etc. only goes to the
next nonblank cell.

Old March 21st 05, 10:49 PM
Max

Agreed, but you could just keep holding down CTRL,
and continue to tap the Up / Down arrow ?

Alternatively,
press CTRL+End, then use Left arrow
press CTRL+Home, then use Right arrow

Not sure if there's a direct keystroke combo to do as you want

Try browsing Chip's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm

and Debra's:
http://www.contextures.com/excel.htm