A SUM FUNCTION (EXCEL) RETURNS A ZERO VALUE BUT DISPLAY IN (0.00),

Old April 28th 08, 08:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
eva cheng

Default A SUM FUNCTION (EXCEL) RETURNS A ZERO VALUE BUT DISPLAY IN (0.00),

I AM USING THE SUM FUNCTION OF EXCEL 2003, IT RETURNS A ZERO VALUE WHEN
SUMMING A COLUMN OF FIGURES WHICH ARE NOT RESULTING FROM A FORMULA. IT
DISPLAYS (0.00) INSTEAD OF 0.00. WOULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME REMOVE THE BRACKETS
FROM A ZERO VALUE ? THANKS
Old April 28th 08, 08:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Sounds like text instead of numbers.

See if this returns a result

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20))

If so, it is text, and should be corrected.

--
HTH

Bob

Old April 28th 08, 08:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Perhaps the value is really <0

..00000099999 could give you a reading of (0.00) if formatted for negative
number.

Extend the decimal points out a ways to see what the value is.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 00:33:03 -0700, eva cheng