Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Highlight Duplicates, Macro?

Hello all,

I need something to help me find duplicates within a big workbook over
different Sheets.

At the moment im using a few columns of =IF(COUNT IF... But with about
15 Sheets, and about 2000 lines of each, its slowing it down
considerably.

I have a macro that works, but basically it takes the latest sheet -
"Sheet 15" (for example), and then looks at one at a time.
Also its a bit messy and can add lines and all sorts sometimes.

What Id like a macro to do is to take a sheet, perhaps set by a pop up
box.
Then to set a column range, like D:D.. which WILL be the same on every
Sheeet, if that helps.
To find duplicates, and put a 1, or an X in another column.

So basically i want to select the Current Month sheet, and then have
the macro sweep the rest of the workbook in the same column for
duplicates, and higlight them.

Thanks if you can help, i didnt really want to use a macro, they dont
agree with me - but the formulas are slowing it all down considerably.

Again, thanks if you can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 8, 4:10*pm, NPell wrote:
[...]

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this? Its fallen quite far back
in only a day - i didnt really want to re-post. I dont know how google
groups totally works with older messages.
Sorry if this seems like im bugging, i dont expect help or anything, i
do appreciate it when its offered.
Thanks again if anyone can assist me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out this site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

where Chip Pearson has some functions for highlighting and deleting
duplicates - perhaps you can get something from that.

Pete

On Apr 9, 11:41*am, NPell wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:10*pm, NPell wrote:

[...]

Thanks again if anyone can assist me.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 9, 11:41*am, NPell wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:10*pm, NPell wrote:

[...]

I dont know how to transfer Formulas to Macros though.
Thanks for looking though.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, as Chip uses a lot of array formulas on that page, these would
probably take a very long time to calculate given the scenario you
outlined above.

However, you can record a macro and then enter the formula in a cell
and then close the macro, and then you will see how it is done.

Pete

On Apr 9, 1:26*pm, NPell wrote:

I dont know how to transfer Formulas to Macros though.
Thanks for looking though

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 9, 1:26*pm, NPell wrote:

I dont know how to transfer Formulas to Macros though.
Thanks for looking though- Hide quoted text -

True. I could do all the individual aspects i need in formula style -
then see what that translates to as a macro.
Thanks Pete.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome.

Pete

On Apr 9, 1:26*pm, NPell wrote:

I dont know how to transfer Formulas to Macros though.
Thanks for looking though- Hide quoted text -

True. I could do all the individual aspects i need in formula style -
then see what that translates to as a macro.
Thanks Pete.- Hide quoted text -