How can I use OFFSET and VLOOKUP together

Old April 2nd 08, 03:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DavidMM

Default How can I use OFFSET and VLOOKUP together

=OFFSET(F16,-1,0,1,1), Instead of using a cell reference I want to use a
VLOOKUP to reference a cell, like this,
=OFFSET(vlookup(D19,A3:A28,1,false),-1,0,1,1).

What I am actually trying to do is return a value from a cell before the
VLookup value.

1 Wednesday, 9 April 2008
2 Thursday, 10 April 2008
3 Friday, 11 April 2008
4 Monday, 14 April 2008
5 Tuesday, 15 April 2008
6 Wednesday, 16 April 2008
7 Thursday, 17 April 2008

My Vlookup, will find Tuesday for me, but I actually want the data from the
Monday before the found date.

Old April 2nd 08, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

Try this:

=INDEX(A3:A28,MATCH(D19,A3:A28,0)-1)

--