I need help writing a complex equation.

Old March 26th 08, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
drummer07

Default I need help writing a complex equation.

I have three columns that I want to draw data from combine it into a single
line of data in another columns. So here’s the scenario.

Column 1 has an employee # there’s two designations 01XXXX and 02XXXX.
This is important. More on the importance of that later.

Column 2 has First name

Column 3 has Last name pretty simple.

So basically what I need to happen is, what I believe to be a simple
combination / complex if statement.

The Final column would look like this.

That’s why 01xxxx and 02xxxx are so important 01 means alaskaair.com 02 mean
horizonair.com

Help!

-jeremy-

Old March 26th 08, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE

","hor izonair.com")

If you want the result to be a link:

=HYPERLINK(B1&"."&C1&"@"&IF(A1="01XXXX","alaskaair .com","horizonair.com"))

HTH,
Paul

Old March 26th 08, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

In column D:
=HYPERLINK("mailto:" &
"," horizonair.com"))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200775

Old March 26th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

with the data laid out as described in A1, b1 & c1 try this in d1 and drag down

=B1&"."&C1&"@"&IF(LEFT(A1,2)="01","alaskaair","hor izonair")

Mike

Old March 26th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson

something like this should do with data in cells a2, b2 and c2...

=B2& "." & C2 & IF(LEFT(A2, 2) = "01", ", ")
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Old March 26th 08, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi
play with this.....
",B2&C ")

regards
FSt1

Old March 26th 08, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
drummer07

YOU GUYS ROCK! THANKS! EVERYONE OF THOSE ANSWERS WORKED! WHAT A GREAT
COMMUNITY!

Old March 27th 08, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

cool.
and you know what they say...
more than one way to skin a mamoth.