Add alternate cells in column and sum

Old March 23rd 08, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jackanorry

Default Add alternate cells in column and sum

I need to add alternate cells in a single column. The cells contain a formula
result summing values in rows to the left of the result cell.

The cells to be summed in the column are formatted to display results in
currency format.

Cell range (column) to be summed AA5 to AA382 (using alternate cells i.e.
AA5,AA7,AA9 ...AA381)

Thanks for any and all assistance in advance.
John

Old March 23rd 08, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H

Maybe

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(ROW(AA5:AA382),2)=1)*AA5:AA382)

Mike

Old March 23rd 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jackanorry

Mike,

it works! - just what i needed to make this work

THANK YOU

John

Old March 23rd 08, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(AA5:AA382)-ROW(AA5),2)=0),AA5:AA382)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old March 23rd 08, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H

your welcome