Too much data in one cell

Old February 29th 08, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JT

Default Too much data in one cell

I have a rather large spreadsheet that contains several non-adjacent cells in
a given column that contain a large amount of data, stretching the column way
too wide.

Is there a way to force the data to break into two or more lines within a
given cell?

Using Excel 2003.

Thanks.

JT
Old February 29th 08, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_]

Yes. Position your cursor in the data in a cell where you want a line break
to occur and press Alt+Enter

Tyro

Old February 29th 08, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

You can set the cell's format to "wrap text".

If you want an in-cell linefeed use Alt + Enter to break where you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP