How to calculate non-zero minimum value?

Old February 22nd 08, 03:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
yhoy

Default How to calculate non-zero minimum value?

I have a list of data. want to get the lowest non-zero value. How to set up
the formula?

Thanks!
Old February 22nd 08, 04:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_]

If the values are in A1:A10 then you can use an array formula which must be
entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter

=MIN(IF(A1:A10<>0,A1:A10))

Tyro

Old February 22nd 08, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

Non-array option:

=SMALL(A1:A100,COUNTIF(A1:A100,0)+1)

--
HTH,

RD

. net...

Old February 22nd 08, 10:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

But I don't think that formula works correctly if there are negative
numbers?
--
David Biddulph

Old February 22nd 08, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

You're absolutely right.

However, as I mentioned in a thread yesterday concerning averaging without
zeroes, the transition from positive to negative predisposes the presence of
zeroes.

Therefore, one can assume ... no 0's ... no negatives.

Though your point is well taken, since we never actually know how or where
our suggestions will be used.

RD

Old February 24th 08, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

.... or abused.

- Jon
-------