how do I calculate staffing ratios

Old February 19th 08, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Xfiles325

Default how do I calculate staffing ratios

Does anyone have a simple formula that I can use to determine the ratio of
staff to customers? For example, I have 20 representatives and 63, 447
customers. I want to be able to determine the staffing ratio of staff to
customers. What formula can I use to calculate this? Any help is truly
appreciated!
Old February 19th 08, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_]

Divide 20 by 63,447, so each member of your staff can handle
0.0003152237300423975916907024760824 customers at a time to service all of
your customers.
But I'm not sure that's the answer your looking for.

Tyro

Old February 19th 08, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Meebers

IF divided equally, then each staff member to customer ratio is 1 to
3172.35?

Old February 19th 08, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_]

Precisely. If all 63,447 customers call in the same day. But if only 40
customers call every day, then the 20 staff members have to handle only
20/40 = .5 customers per day. 1 customer in the morning, one in the
afternoon?. I'm not sure what the OP really wants.

Tyro

Old April 3rd 08, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gregory Day

I have a similar situation. I have 11 Consultants and 112 Clients. In my
situation I am trying to calculate the available bandwidth, or my
Utilization. The only solution I could find was to do the 11/112 which =
0.098214285714285714285714285714286 (shown as a percentage, this is 9.82%.

Does this tell me that my consultants have 9.82% Utilization, or 9.82%
Utilization Free? Ideally, we want to show how saturated we are, and how much
more we can do if asked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thank you,