Remove Negative Signs from Formula Results

Old January 15th 08, 01:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Holly

Default Remove Negative Signs from Formula Results

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to remove negative signs from formula results? This is
more than just a formatting thing as the figures need to remain positive when
a vlookup draws the data to another sheet and then when the data is imported
into another program.
--
Cheers,
Holly
Old January 15th 08, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_]

Multiply by -1? Or use the unary operator to change the sign? If your
formula is =2-3 which produces -1, you can do something like =-(2-3) which
produces 1. It's just elementary algebra.

Tyro

Old January 15th 08, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

Put your formula inside the ABS function:

=ABS(your_formula)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old January 15th 08, 03:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Holly

Thankyou
--
Cheers,
Holly

Old January 15th 08, 04:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

You're welcome!

--
Biff