Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change the size of a worksheet?

I want to set the size of a worksheet to 20 rows and 10 columns. How do I do
this? Every time the sheet is opened, only these cells should be displayed.

I hope there is an option to set different sizes for different worksheets
within the same workbook.

Regards
Bamini
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I change the size of a worksheet?

Hi Bamini,

To change the size of a worksheet in Microsoft Excel, you can adjust the number of rows and columns that are displayed. Here are the steps to set the size of a worksheet to 20 rows and 10 columns:
  1. Open the worksheet that you want to resize.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Page Layout" button in the "Workbook Views" section.
  4. Click on the "Size" button in the "Page Setup" section.
  5. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Sheet" tab.
  6. In the "Print" section, set the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" fields to the rows and columns that you want to display. In this case, you would set the "Rows to repeat at top" field to
    Code:
    1:20
    and the "Columns to repeat at left" field to
    Code:
    A:J
    .
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now, every time you open the worksheet, only the first 20 rows and 10 columns will be displayed.

To set different sizes for different worksheets within the same workbook, simply repeat these steps for each worksheet that you want to resize.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The standard sized of excel is, columns from A to IV and there are 65536
rows by default.

You cannot alter them, you can probably set your worksheet to see as much as
you want.
Tools/Options/View/Uncheck gridline boxes the entire worksheet will hide the
gridlines and then you can select the number of rows and columns and in the
menubar highlight them with gridlines.

This will help you to see rows and columns that you have highlighted.

Excel 2003
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"Bamini" wrote:

I want to set the size of a worksheet to 20 rows and 10 columns. How do I do
this? Every time the sheet is opened, only these cells should be displayed.

I hope there is an option to set different sizes for different worksheets
within the same workbook.

Regards
Bamini

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can hide the rows and columns you don't want. For each sheet
separately... select all the Columns you do not want to see, right-click and
select Hide, then do the same for the Rows you don't want to see. Once you
have done this for each sheet, save the Workbook.

Rick

"Bamini" wrote in message
I want to set the size of a worksheet to 20 rows and 10 columns. How do I
do
this? Every time the sheet is opened, only these cells should be
displayed.

I hope there is an option to set different sizes for different worksheets
within the same workbook.

Regards
Bamini

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As an alternative to Rick's suggestion about hiding what you don't want to see,
you can set the Scroll Area so's you cannot scroll out of the 10 columns and 20
rows range.

Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to
reset it each time.

You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module
and specify which worksheet if only one sheet required.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:J20"
End Sub

Or also in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:J20"
End With
End Sub

Right-click on the Excel Icon left of "File" on the menu bar and slect "View
Code"

Copy/paste your choice of subs from above into that module.

Save the workbook and Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP