Combine month day and year from separate columns in to one cell

Old December 26th 07, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thanks, JH

Default Combine month day and year from separate columns in to one cell

I have the month (October), day (3), and year (2005) contained in three
cells. I want to combine them into one cell where I can have the date as
10/3/2005. I have been unsuccessful using concatenate because I cannot
change the format of the finished project from 10/3/2005 to Oct-3,2005
etc.... I need to perform this so that I can calculate the days between the
specified date and a start date.
Old December 26th 07, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

=date(year,month,day)

assuming you have on a1 2005; b1 10; c1 3

use =date(a1,b1,c1)

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old December 26th 07, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

With
A1: (a month name....eg October)
B1: (a day of the month...eg 3
C1: (a year......eg 2005)

This formula returns a data based on those inputs:

Format D1 as a date.

In the above example, D1 returns 10/03/2005.

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,

Ron