Change default fill color of selected cells?

Old December 23rd 07, 05:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stan

Default Change default fill color of selected cells?

How do I change the default fill color of selected cells, which is normally
very pale?
Office 2007, Win XP Pro

Old December 23rd 07, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLGWhiz

One way is Format>Cells>Patterns then select from the color palette and click
OK.

Old December 23rd 07, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

I remember reading other posts which say that the background colours
in XL 2007 seem very pale, but as I don't have that version I haven't
paid much attention. Perhaps you can do a Google search to see if any
of the answers proposed in other threads work for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old December 24th 07, 11:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stan

Thanks, but that means I must do that sequence after I select cells.
What I need is a default (darker) color as cells are selected.

Old December 24th 07, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_]

Try this code, below, ( right click the sheet and select view code, and
paste it there). You will have to fiddle with the ColorIndex number shown
here as 35 until you get the colour you want. I think the number range goes
to about 50 or so.
You may want to delete this part......
"If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub" part if it's not what you want,
( this part stops the procedure if more than one cell is selected at one
time.)
You may also want to alter the Range which I've set to A1:Z100

Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim wkArea As Range
Set wkArea = Range("A1:Z100")
If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
With wkArea.Interior