How do I create a connection between cells on different worksheets

Old December 20th 07, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brada_awan

Default How do I create a connection between cells on different worksheets

I am trying to create a connection or reference between cells on different
worksheets within the same workbook that will automatically propogate as data
is changed within the ference cell. I am using Excel 2003. Hope this makes
sense and someone can help. Thanks!
Old December 20th 07, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fleone

brada_awan,
You should be able to have this happen by having the first cell equal the
second cell.
Something like this:
Select the cell in the first sheet that you want to reference by clicking in
it.
Hit the = sign and then go to the other cell that you want to have show in
the first cell.
If you are on Sheet 1, Cell B4 and wanted it to show Sheet 2, Cell B4, it
should look something like this: =Sheet2!B4
Anytime you changed the data in Sheet 2, cell B4 the cell in Sheet 1 would
change and show that data.

Old December 20th 07, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brada_awan[_2_]

Default How do I create a connection between cells on different worksh

Thanks so much Fleone!