Increase plot size within Chart area

Old December 12th 07, 12:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ropesend

Default Increase plot size within Chart area

Help, report due today. How do I increase the size of the plot area to fit
more closer to the chart area margins. I would like to bring the plot area
closer to the border of the chart area. This has been annoying me. Moving
the chart handles to increase the size simply moves the white border with it.
Assistance that works, greatly appreciated.
Old December 12th 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Click in the middle of the chart to select the Plot Area. Resize this
rectangle to suit. If it's a 3D chart, you will not be able to make it as
large as you'd probably like.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Old December 12th 07, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ropesend

I do have a 3-D chart. I am looking to expand it horitonally. I've tried
the plot area handle bar drag. This is not working--neither in chart as
separate sheet or on a chart sheet. I would like to stretch the plot area to
take up the empty spaces on both sides. How do I do this? This will help me
with the flat charts also. Thanks
at my ropes end.

Old December 13th 07, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

If you try the protocol I've described, and it doesn't work, then you have
stretched the plot area as far as it will go. Using a better chart type
might help (3D charts have innumerable problems, not just mechanically, but
cognitively as well).

- Jon
-------