Add parenthesis to numbers in cell

Old March 10th 05, 12:51 AM
RVG

Default Add parenthesis to numbers in cell

When I put a number in a cell and then add a parenthesis when I leave that
cell to go to another the parenthesis changes to a minus sign and moves to
right of cell.
Old March 10th 05, 01:07 AM
Michael

Hi
putting numbers in brackets in Excel means to make them a negative.
Try putting an apostrophe before the parentheses

HTH
Michael