Blank workbook in normal view

Old November 28th 07, 12:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vic1

Default Blank workbook in normal view

Sometimes when I open a workbook it 'isn't there' in normal view. The
toolbars are visible, but the sceen is otherwise blank with no scroll bars.
If I switch to Print Preview, the document appears - but cannot be edited of
course, and if I switch to Full Screen it also appears - but there are no
toolbars so editing is limited. every time I return to Normal screen it
disappears again.

I have seen the suggestion on these forums that it could simply be 'off the
radar' - i.e. moved out of sight on the screen - but without scroll bars
there is no way of retrieving it.

Sometimes the same workbook opens normally one day, but not the next. I am
running 2003 but have a 2007 trial installed and the problem was there before
I installed the 2007 trial.

Any suggestions please?
Old November 28th 07, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I bet that the window is just off the visible screen.

Window|Arrange|Tiled
and resize the way you like.

Old December 10th 07, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vic1

Sorry - I have tried every which way I know! I know the database is 'there'
because the text appears in the calculation line, wherever I click on the
blank screen.

Please can you be more specific about how I achieve Window|Arrange|Tiled?
I've tried selecting 'Tile Windows' from the menu you get when you right
click on the time in the bottom RH corner. Should I be doing something else?

I'm getting pretty desperate on this because nothing makes sense and I just
can't work with some data because it has 'disappeared'! Any replies
appreciated.

The only thing showing is the blue Windows background and the Ribbon. If I
click the Windows button and choose to open a different database, then this
will (or sometimes won't!) open normally in a window within the blue
backgound, complete with scroll bars etc as normal.

Old December 10th 07, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003 (and below), there's an Window option on the worksheet menu bar.

Click on that first, then follow the instructions.

If you're using xl2007, maybe someone else will chime in--or you could look for
it yourself.