cburgess57

Default In excel, how can i get rid of the zero when a formula is used, b.

I'm trying to find out how to get rid of a zero when a formula is used, but
there has not been any data entered in that row yet. For example, as simple
as copying another cell, you put =b11, if nothing has been entered in b11
yet, it shows a zero, but I dont' want it to show anything...

help!
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=IF(B11="","",B11)
=IF(OR(A2="",B2=""),"",A2*B2)
etc.

Arvi Laanemets

"cburgess57" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out how to get rid of a zero when a formula is used,

but
there has not been any data entered in that row yet. For example, as

simple
as copying another cell, you put =b11, if nothing has been entered in b11
yet, it shows a zero, but I dont' want it to show anything...

help!

Fredrik Wahlgren

"cburgess57" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out how to get rid of a zero when a formula is used,

but
there has not been any data entered in that row yet. For example, as

simple
as copying another cell, you put =b11, if nothing has been entered in b11
yet, it shows a zero, but I dont' want it to show anything...

help!

Select Tools|Options. Select the Display tab. There's an option called
zerovalues that should be unchecked. Unfortunately, I have the Swedish
version so it's possible my translation isn't correct.

/Fredrik

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Fredrik's solution hides all zero values in workbook. When you want hide
zeros in specific cells, or on specific conditions, then you have to use my
solution instead.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"cburgess57" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out how to get rid of a zero when a formula is

used,
but
there has not been any data entered in that row yet. For example, as

simple
as copying another cell, you put =b11, if nothing has been entered in

b11
yet, it shows a zero, but I dont' want it to show anything...

help!

Select Tools|Options. Select the Display tab. There's an option called
zerovalues that should be unchecked. Unfortunately, I have the Swedish
version so it's possible my translation isn't correct.

/Fredrik

Gord Dibben

=IF(B11="","",B11)

Says....if B11 is empty, make this cell look blank, otherwise show the value
from B11.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP