Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making touchpad's Horizontal Scroll region work in Excel/Word 2007

My laptop's touchpad's horizontal scroll region doesn't work when I try to
scroll horizontally in Excel/Word 2007. The vertical scroll region works
fine, but the horizontal one doesn't do anything (it's just a dead space on
my touchpad when I touch in in Excel or Word). However, both vertical and
horizontal scrolling regions work great in OneNote 2007. Anyone know if I
can enable the horizontal scrolling function in Excel and Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi tropers,

I have a similar problem with my wireless laser mouse,
each now and again the horizontal scroll will stop working
in Excel, but not in other applications.

My fix is to go to the Control PanelMouse settings
Uncheck enable horizontal scrolling
Then recheck it and click Apply

Don't ask me Why or How or What but it works.
Slightly irritating, but I can live with it.

Maybe something similar in your case.

HTH
Martin