how do i make values increase by 1 while going down a cell

Old November 14th 07, 08:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
michelle

Default how do i make values increase by 1 while going down a cell

I enter in numbers in a column and i want to drag the box down and have the
number increase by one from the previous number in each cell. HELP!
Old November 14th 07, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Enter the first in A1 (23 for example) and the second (24) in A2
Select A1 and A2 and pull the fill-handle (solid square in lower right of
selected cell) down the column

Or enter the first number; select the range to fill; use Edit | Fill ->
Series
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old November 14th 07, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Enter a number in A1.

Right-click and drag down.

Release button and "Fill Series"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:33:19 -0800, michelle