trying to delete a row in the pivot table for the pivot chart

Old November 13th 07, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
babs

Default trying to delete a row in the pivot table for the pivot chart

I would like to delete a row(s) in the pivot table and it will not let me.
Is there someway I can copy it and then delete the totals rows???

thanks,
barb
Old November 13th 07, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You can't delete a row in the pivot table, but maybe you can use the
dropdown lists on the field buttons, to hide the item you don't want.
To hide the grand total row or column:
Right-click a cell in the pivot table
Choose Table Options
Remove the check mark from Grand Totals for Rows and/or Grand Totals for
Columns.
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Old November 13th 07, 12:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_]

Hi

In addition to what Debra has said, if it is sub-totals appearing at the end
of each group that you are trying to suppress, double click on the
field>Subtotals>None

--
Regards
Roger Govier