Calculating Regular time, overtime and double time

Old November 9th 07, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Smith

Default Calculating Regular time, overtime and double time

I need help with my time spreadsheet. I am using Excel 2003. When I key in
time, I enter each employees daily time in a cell and have it set up to total
the cells at the end of the row. I have already worked out how to calculate
the overtime (over 40 hours), but I need for the spreadsheet to be able to
calculate the amount of double time in a seperate cell.

When my company calculates doubletime, the employee has to have had 40 hours
monday through friday, work on saturday (required for double time), then
Sunday's time is double time.

This is what it looks like:

A B C D E F G H I J K
Name Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat Sun Regular OT DT
Smith 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 40 8 8

Right now I have it set up so that J adds all the cells and if the sum is
over 40, it puts 40 in I and the remainder in J, and if someone works Sunday
I can manually enter the time in K and it is subtracted from J, but I need a
formaula that can do that automatically, because if we don't put the time in
manually in cell K, when the time is sent to our payroll service, the
employee does not get paid for their double time.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian
Old November 9th 07, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

I assume they have to have worked 40 hours during the week and worked
at least one hour on Saturday, and then all their Sunday hours will be
treated as double-time. Put this in K2:

=IF(AND(SUM(B2:F2)>=40,G2>0),I2,0)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old November 9th 07, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Smith

Thank you!!! It works!!

Old November 9th 07, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Smith

I have one more question. Is there a way for the cell containing the double
time to automatically change color if it contains a number greater than 0?

Old November 9th 07, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

You're welcome - thanks for the feedback.

Pete

Old November 9th 07, 11:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Yes, you use conditional formatting for this. Select the cell(s) you
want this to apply to and click on Format | Conditional Formatting. In
the pop-up you can choose Cell Value Is in the first box, then Is
Greater Than in the middle box, and 0 (zero) in the third box. Then
click on the Format button, and click on the Colour you want (for
foreground) - if you want to change the background colour click on the
Patterns tab and choose your colour. Then OK twice to get out of the
Conditional Formatting dialogue.

Hope this helps.

Pete