Kuder-Richardson #21 Formula for estimate test reliability

Old November 4th 07, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Kuder-Richardson #21 Formula for estimate test reliability

Good Morning!

I am trying to figure out how to adapt the Kruder-Richardson Formula
#21 to excel. First of all this is not a homework assignment.
Secondly, I appologize for linking a file but I could not get the
fonts for the formula right. What the formla does is to estimate test
reliability. I can figure it out long hand but would greatly
appreciate it in excel thanks in advance.

R=( k) (1- X(k-X))
----- -----------
k-1 kS

where
R= test reliability
k = number of items on the test
X = mean of raw scores from the total test
S = vfariance from the raw scores of the total test

Suppose we had a 50 item test and the mean score was 43 and the
variance was 25.0. We would have

R= (50) (1- 43(50 - 43))
----- --------------
50-1 (50)(25)

R = (1.02) (1- 301)
----
1250

R = (1.02) (0.76) = 0.78

Thank you in advance.

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808560688

Old November 4th 07, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernd P

Hello,

If you google for "Kuder-Richardson 21 Formula excel" then you will
find
http://www.gifted.uconn.edu/siegle/r...eliability.htm
which links to a [IMHO] nice sample spreadsheet
http://www.gifted.uconn.edu/siegle/r...alculator2.xls

Some things are easier copied than re-invented.

Regards,
Bernd

Old November 4th 07, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

A caveat -

There are tens of thousands of workbooks out there that can be copied. A
significant fraction of them, including ones posted by academics, have
errors or have poor boundary event error checking.

Validating someone else's worksheet for a simple calculation like this
can often be *more* difficult than building from scratch...

Old November 4th 07, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 4, 10:48 am, JE McGimpsey > wrote:
> A caveat -
>
> There are tens of thousands of workbooks out there that can be copied. A
> significant fraction of them, including ones posted by academics, have
> errors or have poor boundary event error checking.
>
> Validating someone else's worksheet for a simple calculation like this
> can often be *more* difficult than building from scratch...
>
> In article . com>,
> Bernd P > wrote:
>

> > Some things are easier copied than re-invented.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you both!