Dollar sign left justified - data right justified - large space

Old November 1st 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BuzzRogers

Default Dollar sign left justified - data right justified - large space

I have this problem with data in a wide cell. Dollar sign is left justified,
data is right justified with a large annoying space between
Old November 1st 07, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zxiqlpixs

You have the formatting set to Accounting. If you want to $ to be next to the
numbers, change the formatting to Currency.

Old November 1st 07, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Change your number format from Accounting to Currency.

Alternatively, to keep the other Accounting format elements, use
Format/Cells/Number/Custom

Old November 1st 07, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BuzzRogers

Default Dollar sign left justified - data right justified - large spac

Thanks - wasted 30 mins looking for the solution myself - you saved me lots
of time.