Format or function to turn a number into text.

Old October 5th 07, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chad

Default Format or function to turn a number into text.

I have a formula that spits out a simple number from 1-12, I need that number
to be expressed as a word (one, two, etc.) instead of the actual number. I
assume there is either a format or a function that I can use that will
convert the number for me, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Old October 5th 07, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Look he

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old October 5th 07, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Nothing built in

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2az4hr

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic....programming/b...)

or use an add-in

http://xcell05.free.fr/

download and install Morefunc

Peo Sjoblom

Old October 6th 07, 12:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

As you have a specific (small) range of numbers, you could do it like
this:

=IF(AND(A1>=0,A1<=12),CHOOSE(A1,"One","Two","Three ","Four","Five","Six","Seven","Eight","Nine","Ten" ,"Eleven","Twelve"),"")

Checks that your number in A1 is valid, then returns the word - put it
in B1.

Hope this helps.

Pete