Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations

Old September 19th 07, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations

There must be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out for
the life of me. I'm doing calculations and I have two numbers in two
different cells. Say, it's cell A1 and B1. I want cell C1 to simply
pick whichever number of those previous two is lower and display
that. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 19th 07, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

=MIN(A1:B1)

Peo Sjoblom

oups.com...

Old September 19th 07, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

One way:

=MIN(A1,B1)

Another way:

=IF(A1<B1,A1,B1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old September 19th 07, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

Yes there is a simple way. The lower of the numbers in the minimum; the
function is MIN; Excel help will tell you the syntax and give examples.
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...