Print area giving me 1 page per cell

Old September 17th 07, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Coop

Default Print area giving me 1 page per cell

Hi,

When I try to adjust my spreadsheet to one page both manually (through print
layout view) and automatically (by adjusting to 1 page tall by 1 page wide) I
get a print layout that is 1 page per cell.

Any idea what is causing this error and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks
Old September 17th 07, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham

Use the menu View option and choose Page Break view and see if you have a
bunch of page breaks in the sheet?

Old September 17th 07, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Coop

I do. The page break view does not help, and I can not adjust it any
differently from that view. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the thought.

Old September 17th 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham

Check the usual suspects - make sure your paper size is set to letter and
hasn't gotten set to an envelope or something, also check the margins and
make sure they aren't so large as to reduce the sheet to a one-liner.

I swear someone else had the same problem in the past and it got fixed, but
I don't recall the specific fix. Might search the forums for something like
'1 cell' or 'one cell' or even Google for 'one cell per page'.

Old September 19th 07, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Coop

Thanks. However, my guess is that it has something to do with virtual memory
or ram or something like that. Reason is that this used to happen to me on
my old computer only when operating very large (i.e., 20MB) spreadsheets,
although on my new computer, it is happening on much smaller spreadsheets (<
1 MB).

If I send the file to another computer though I do not get the same problem.

Thanks,
Jon