Slanted cells with text

Old August 25th 07, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jisaac

Default Slanted cells with text

How do I make several slanted cells with centered text at the top of a table
in Excel 2003?
Old August 25th 07, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin

jisaac,
In Excel 2000, you would select the cells in question, then choose Format >
Cells...
In the resulting Format Cells form, choose the Alignment tab. Choose Center
for
both Horizontal AND Vertical Text aligment and set the Orientation to
whatever angle
you want your text to be. 45 degress works well.
-Kevin

Old August 25th 07, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

You cannot physically slant cells, but you can format them to look slanted.

First, place a border around the cell and color it a nice color.

Then Format>Cell>Alignment.

Use the protractor to orient the text at 30 or 40 degrees.

Experiment with row height and column width.until you get the effect you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP