Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Stike out text in a cell

I have a spreadsheet with strike out text combine with regular text in a
cell. How do I remove only the strike out text from the cells? The column
is over 7000 rows and it would be great if I can accomplish this task
automatically.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Frank

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsFont. Uncheck "strikethrough"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:45:44 -0500, "Frank Beltre" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with strike out text combine with regular text in a
cell. How do I remove only the strike out text from the cells? The column
is over 7000 rows and it would be great if I can accomplish this task
automatically.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gord,

Thank you for replying. I tried it, but it just removes the strikethrough
line from the text. I need all the strikethrough text to be deleted. I am
using 2007.
Thanks,

Frank

Frank

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsFont. Uncheck "strikethrough"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:45:44 -0500, "Frank Beltre" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with strike out text combine with regular text in a
cell. How do I remove only the strike out text from the cells? The
column
is over 7000 rows and it would be great if I can accomplish this task
automatically.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry about that.........misread.

Got to go now but will get back later and see what can be done.

Hope you get an answer sooner.

Gord

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:27:49 -0500, "Frank Beltre" wrote:

Gord,

Thank you for replying. I tried it, but it just removes the strikethrough
line from the text. I need all the strikethrough text to be deleted. I am
using 2007.
Thanks,

Frank

.. .
Frank

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsFont. Uncheck "strikethrough"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:45:44 -0500, "Frank Beltre" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with strike out text combine with regular text in a
cell. How do I remove only the strike out text from the cells? The
column
is over 7000 rows and it would be great if I can accomplish this task
automatically.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Enter this macro.
Select the cells you want to clean-up.
Run the macro.

Sub no_strike()
'
' gsnuxx
'
For Each r In Selection
v = r.Value
v_out = ""
For i = 1 To Len(v)
piece = Mid(v, i, 1)
If r.Characters(Start:=i, Length:=1).Font.Strikethrough = False Then
v_out = v_out & piece
End If
Next
r.Value = v_out
Next
Gary''s Student - gsnu200739

"Frank Beltre" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with strike out text combine with regular text in a
cell. How do I remove only the strike out text from the cells? The column
is over 7000 rows and it would be great if I can accomplish this task
automatically.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for chipping in.

Does the job. I like the way you eliminated the spaces.

My attempts.....not yet posted but why bother now........got rid of the
strikethrough text but left spaces.

Gord

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:00:05 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Enter this macro.
Select the cells you want to clean-up.
Run the macro.

Sub no_strike()
'
' gsnuxx
'
For Each r In Selection
v = r.Value
v_out = ""
For i = 1 To Len(v)
piece = Mid(v, i, 1)
If r.Characters(Start:=i, Length:=1).Font.Strikethrough = False Then
v_out = v_out & piece
End If
Next
r.Value = v_out
Next

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Freaking awesome! It works really good! I got it to work on Excel 2007,
having a compile error in 2003, but nothing I can't figure out.
Thank you guys for the support.

wrote:

Enter this macro.
Select the cells you want to clean-up.
Run the macro.

Sub no_strike()
'
' gsnuxx
'
For Each r In Selection
v = r.Value
v_out = ""
For i = 1 To Len(v)
piece = Mid(v, i, 1)
If r.Characters(Start:=i, Length:=1).Font.Strikethrough = False
Then
v_out = v_out & piece
End If
Next
r.Value = v_out
Next

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Spoke too soon! Do I need to modify the code for it to work in Excel 2003,
Visual Basic 6.3? I am getting a "compile error: Syntax error". It is
working fine in Excel 2007 though. I need to do this in my work computer,
which is the one with Excel 2003.

Thanks,

Frank

wrote:

Enter this macro.
Select the cells you want to clean-up.
Run the macro.

Sub no_strike()
'
' gsnuxx
'
For Each r In Selection
v = r.Value
v_out = ""
For i = 1 To Len(v)
piece = Mid(v, i, 1)
If r.Characters(Start:=i, Length:=1).Font.Strikethrough = False
Then
v_out = v_out & piece
End If
Next
r.Value = v_out
Next

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You are very welcome.

This kind of application is MUCH easier in Word than Excel, but still
"do-able"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200739