How Excel deleted sheet(s) can be retrieved

Old August 19th 07, 09:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Makmular

Default How Excel deleted sheet(s) can be retrieved

I have in fact two questions.
a) By mistake two sheets of Excel (out of three) have been deleted where we
had our office records. Inspite of using "Find" option for certain dates did
not solve the problem. The data is not retrieving.
I also tried "System Restore" from a previous date but the result is
same. Only one sheet is retrieved.

b) While working with any programme, different items starts coming and
starts flikring unless I press ESC button or CTRL+ESC. Sometime it stops the
items coming. Sometime it does not work. System also slow down or do not
respond. Even sometime we have to restart the computer.
Old August 19th 07, 12:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
squenson via OfficeKB.com

a) If the file was saved under the same name, the deleted sheets are lost.
May be you have a backup copy somewhere, look into your mailboxes as you or a
collague may have sent a copy of the file in the past days. System restore
will only restore system files, not documents like Word or Excel.

b) When this situation is happening, you can press Alt-Ctrl-Del and see which
processes are generating this strange behavior. Then post the result here.

Stephane Quenson.