Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default is there a quick way to do this besides cut and paste?

using XL 2003

I have 5 cells of addresss data (more than 100 times over)

A2 through A4
But the info that I want in A1 is in B1

Is there a quicker way than scrollling through the 650 record sheet
and cutting all the column B data into the column A cell??

I know I can type "=B2" in A1 but if I dragged that down, I would
lose data in column A.

....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If Col_B only contains the values you need in Col_A

Then try this:

Select from the first Col_B value through the last

[Ctrl]+C............a shortcut for <edit<copy

Select the 1st Col_A cell to receive the Col_B value
<edit<paste special........Check: skip blanks
Click [OK]

That will copy the Col_B values into the empty spaces in Col_A, without
overwriting the other Col_A values.

Then clear Col_B.

Is that something you can work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

" wrote:

using XL 2003

I have 5 cells of addresss data (more than 100 times over)

A2 through A4
But the info that I want in A1 is in B1

Is there a quicker way than scrollling through the 650 record sheet
and cutting all the column B data into the column A cell??

I know I can type "=B2" in A1 but if I dragged that down, I would
lose data in column A.

....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perfect!!

....Lisa

" wrote:
using XL 2003

I have 5 cells of addresss data (more than 100 times over)

A2 through A4
But the info that I want in A1 is in B1

Is there a quicker way than scrollling through the 650 record sheet
and cutting all the column B data into the column A cell??

I know I can type "=B2" in A1 but if I dragged that down, I would
lose data in column A.

....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about a macro?