How can I filter for Birthdays/Anniversaries in Excell?

Old December 8th 04, 04:35 PM
Woodkat

Default How can I filter for Birthdays/Anniversaries in Excell?

what if the dates in column A are stored as text in the YYYYMMDD format?

Old December 8th 04, 04:54 PM
JulieD

Hi Woodkat

Something along the lines of
=IF(AND(DATE(2004,MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))>TODAY() +14,DATE(2004,MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))<TODAY()+21) ,"card","")

Cheers
JulieD

Old December 8th 04, 05:19 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
try to convert them first to a real Excel date. e.g. with the formula
=--TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00")
format this cell as date and copy for all rows. Now use this helper
column

--
Regards
Frank Kabel