How do i add multiple formulas in one cell for excel?

Old July 14th 07, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i add multiple formulas in one cell for excel?

If i have a formula A=B+C and there is also another way to get "A", A=D-E
How can i put them in the same cell?
Like, if i don't have a value for B&C, but have values for D&E it will
calculate it.

Thank you,
Old July 14th 07, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nastech

maybe simple formula setup? if not what need, repost, will modify:

=IF(X1="","",IF(AND(B1<>"",C1<>""),B1+C1,IF(AND(D1 <>"",E1<>""),D1+E1,"")))

Old July 14th 07, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i think i get some of it. Whats the "" mean? if i know what, then i can
understand it.

Old July 14th 07, 04:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

just a side note, i'm trying to figure out what "A" would be.

Old July 18th 07, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nastech

hi, sorry took so long to get back.

A looks like would just be the output, what you would see as a result; I
believe that is why formula's start with a equal "=" sign.

the double hack marks refer to nothing. formula's are a boolean algebra
approach with: IF(this,then this,else that)

the last 2 parts are reversable, i.e.: with IF(this,TRUE,FALSE) order kept,
you can fix your result for TRUE or FALSE output.

Use Help to lookup index for functions: starting with: IF, AND, OR, TRUE,
FALSE, NOT, Operators (=, +, -, <> not equal, > greater than, < less than...)

Errors might occur if you do not allow for FALSE Conditions to be addressed
in the formula. The reversable part talking about: IF(false conditions,"",
otherwise if false conditions are true, perform the next equations you enter.

that is why the example I gave included a double hash at the end, to include
all 3 parts of the formula.