In Excel, how do I put multiple rows of text in one cell.

Old July 6th 07, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbeatty551

Default In Excel, how do I put multiple rows of text in one cell.

In other words, I need to be able to set a paragraph in one text box, but
cannot display it as one really long line. I need it to be multiple lines of
text in one cell in other words. I have seen it done before.
Old July 6th 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Separate the line with Alt-Enter.

--
HTH

Bob

Old July 6th 07, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Just press Alt+ENTER to break for a new line
--
Max
Singapore

Old July 6th 07, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj

make sure you format the cell for wrapping text
format>cell>alignment

Note if there are too many characters, excell will not format the excess (I
think it is 256 but wont swear to it) and you will not be able to use text
wrapping further in that Cell.
a way to get around it is to put the information in a comment. I personally
do not know of a limit for the formatting in a comment.