useing excel How can I type in the pi symbole?

Old June 30th 07, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bootster

Default useing excel How can I type in the pi symbole?

Old June 30th 07, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

One way would be to format the cell with the symbol font and then type in p

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

Old June 30th 07, 04:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi bootster,

Hold down the alt key and type 227 then let go the alt key.
Make sure you use the number pad not the numbers at the
top of the keyboard.

Which font you use will determine what it looks like.
The one in Times New Roman is very presentable
however the one in Arial is square and not very pretty.
Experiment till you find one you like.

HTH
Martin

Old June 30th 07, 04:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham

Another tip: keep in mind that you can select individual characters or groups
of characters in a cell up in the formula bar and assign unique formatting to
the selection such as font style, size, and color/bolding, etc. So you could
have one character in Symbol font, and the rest in another such as Ariel,
Garamond or Times New Roman.