A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Discussion (Misc queries)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 07 pr



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 27th 07, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tony Kempster
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 07 pr

Is there a feature that switches Right-Clicking on and off?

Right-Click has suddenly stopped working in Excel 07 although works fine in
other Office 07 programs.

How do I get it to operate again?
Ads
  #2  
Old June 27th 07, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,718
Default Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 07 pr

You might rename or delete your Excel 2007 toolbar file Excel12.xlb found
here (with Excel closed):

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

--
Jim
"Tony Kempster" <Tony > wrote in message
...
| Is there a feature that switches Right-Clicking on and off?
|
| Right-Click has suddenly stopped working in Excel 07 although works fine
in
| other Office 07 programs.
|
| How do I get it to operate again?


  #3  
Old June 27th 07, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tony Kempster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 0

Jim

Thanks for that, but I'm using Vista. What is the equivalent file location?

Tony

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> You might rename or delete your Excel 2007 toolbar file Excel12.xlb found
> here (with Excel closed):
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
>
> --
> Jim
> "Tony Kempster" <Tony > wrote in message
> ...
> | Is there a feature that switches Right-Clicking on and off?
> |
> | Right-Click has suddenly stopped working in Excel 07 although works fine
> in
> | other Office 07 programs.
> |
> | How do I get it to operate again?
>
>
>

  #4  
Old June 27th 07, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,247
Default Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 0

"Document And Settings" was removed in Vista. You now have a folder named
"Users" which will contain a folder with your user name.


--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Tony Kempster" > wrote in message
...
> Jim
>
> Thanks for that, but I'm using Vista. What is the equivalent file
> location?
>
> Tony
>
> "Jim Rech" wrote:
>
>> You might rename or delete your Excel 2007 toolbar file Excel12.xlb found
>> here (with Excel closed):
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
>>
>> --
>> Jim
>> "Tony Kempster" <Tony > wrote in
>> message
>> ...
>> | Is there a feature that switches Right-Clicking on and off?
>> |
>> | Right-Click has suddenly stopped working in Excel 07 although works
>> fine
>> in
>> | other Office 07 programs.
>> |
>> | How do I get it to operate again?
>>
>>
>>


  #5  
Old June 27th 07, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tony Kempster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 0

I found the file by using the search feature.

I renamed it as .old and now right-click works again.

Thanks for your help. Can someone explain what the Excel12.xlb file actually
does?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> "Document And Settings" was removed in Vista. You now have a folder named
> "Users" which will contain a folder with your user name.
>
>
> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting
> www.cpearson.com
> (email on the web site)
>
> "Tony Kempster" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Jim
> >
> > Thanks for that, but I'm using Vista. What is the equivalent file
> > location?
> >
> > Tony
> >
> > "Jim Rech" wrote:
> >
> >> You might rename or delete your Excel 2007 toolbar file Excel12.xlb found
> >> here (with Excel closed):
> >>
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jim
> >> "Tony Kempster" <Tony > wrote in
> >> message
> >> ...
> >> | Is there a feature that switches Right-Clicking on and off?
> >> |
> >> | Right-Click has suddenly stopped working in Excel 07 although works
> >> fine
> >> in
> >> | other Office 07 programs.
> >> |
> >> | How do I get it to operate again?
> >>
> >>
> >>

>

  #6  
Old June 28th 07, 12:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35,220
Default Right-Click not working in Excel 2007. Works in other Office 0

*.xlb files holds all the toolbar info (customizations, what's visible, what's
not visible).

Deleting it said that you want to start over from scratch.

Tony Kempster wrote:
>
> I found the file by using the search feature.
>
> I renamed it as .old and now right-click works again.
>
> Thanks for your help. Can someone explain what the Excel12.xlb file actually
> does?
>
> "Chip Pearson" wrote:
>
> > "Document And Settings" was removed in Vista. You now have a folder named
> > "Users" which will contain a folder with your user name.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Cordially,
> > Chip Pearson
> > Microsoft MVP - Excel
> > Pearson Software Consulting
> > www.cpearson.com
> > (email on the web site)
> >
> > "Tony Kempster" > wrote in message
> > ...
> > > Jim
> > >
> > > Thanks for that, but I'm using Vista. What is the equivalent file
> > > location?
> > >
> > > Tony
> > >
> > > "Jim Rech" wrote:
> > >
> > >> You might rename or delete your Excel 2007 toolbar file Excel12.xlb found
> > >> here (with Excel closed):
> > >>
> > >> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> Jim
> > >> "Tony Kempster" <Tony > wrote in
> > >> message
> > >> ...
> > >> | Is there a feature that switches Right-Clicking on and off?
> > >> |
> > >> | Right-Click has suddenly stopped working in Excel 07 although works
> > >> fine
> > >> in
> > >> | other Office 07 programs.
> > >> |
> > >> | How do I get it to operate again?
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>

> >


--

Dave Peterson
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you import from Office 2007 into MS Works? Jim in Tx Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 23rd 07 07:47 AM
Migrating Office XP EXCEL files to Office 2007 SDR Setting up and Configuration of Excel 0 April 19th 07 02:38 AM
MSNStockquote function is not working in Office 2007 beta Grazen Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 29th 06 03:46 PM
convert works 4.5 spreadsheet to Excel 2002 (Office xp) pflash Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 12th 05 05:41 PM
Opening Office Excel file in Works suite DON Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 30th 05 05:59 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.