Multiple copies of Excel file open - :1, :2

Old June 26th 07, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
krzymike

Default Multiple copies of Excel file open - :1, :2

I am running Excel 2003 and I have received a file that when opened, it shows
two occurences with :1 and :2 showing after the file name. What is causing
this and how do I eliminate it? Thanks
Old June 26th 07, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JudithJubilee

You have two windows of the same workbook. Close one of them, save and reopen
the document the problem should be solved. It has been caused by someone
using Window + New Window in the original file.

Judith
--
Hope this helps

Old June 26th 07, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
krzymike

I had already tried closing, saving and reopening the file, but it still
shows two windows of the file. I am unable to close one window without the
entire file closing.

Old June 26th 07, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Open this particular file, then press ctrl + F4, then ctrl + S
No need to close the file

Peo Sjoblom

Old June 26th 07, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
krzymike

Ignore my previous post. I had to turn on the Windows on Taskbar option so I
could see both windows. I then closed one, saved the file and when reopening
it is fixed. Thanks.

Old June 26th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
krzymike

Thank you.