How to type X bar in Excel

Old June 21st 07, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Henrique

Default How to type X bar in Excel

How can I type the character x bar (for the statistical mean) into an excel
spreadsheet? I can do it in a word document, but not in an excel sheet.
Old June 21st 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

You can either insert an equation object using the Equation Editor, or you
can use a font that has xbar in its character set. Two such fonts are

xbar is Alt-0214 in the Math Ext font from
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wptoword.html

xbar is Alt-0120 in the MS Reference 1 font

Jerry

Old June 22nd 07, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You can use the technique described here to add a bar:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#bar

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Old August 16th 13, 04:28 AM
Brian_Wilks Brian_Wilks is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique View Post
How can I type the character x bar (for the statistical mean) into an excel
spreadsheet? I can do it in a word document, but not in an excel sheet.
Create x bar using inset/equation/accent, then select the x bar and copy and paste into a cell from within the cell. You will end up with something close, or you could just use the equation box.