how to draw trend lines through only certain data points

Old June 13th 07, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
akh2103

Default how to draw trend lines through only certain data points

hello all--
i need to make a scatterplot with trendlines that only go through some
of my data. then i need a second trend line for the second part of my
data. any ideas on how can i do this? thanks.
-abe

Old June 13th 07, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Split the data into two series, and add a trendline to each.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

ps.com...

Old June 14th 07, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
akh2103 > said:
>i need to make a scatterplot with trendlines that only go through some
>of my data. then i need a second trend line for the second part of my
>data. any ideas on how can i do this? thanks.

Make three columns in your spreadsheet. Have the first column be all
your data, the second column be only the data you're interested in for
your first trendline, and the third column be only the data for the
second trendline. Then plot all three series, make trendlines for the
second two, then format them so they're invisible. Then you'll have one
set of points and two trendlines that apparently go through those
points.

--
Del Cotter