What is the difference between VLookup and HLookup tables

Old June 4th 07, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
plc

Default What is the difference between VLookup and HLookup tables

Just wondering
Old June 4th 07, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

Just wondering whether you've looked at Excel help?
--
David Biddulph

Old June 4th 07, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham

For the gory details, see Excel Help and search for VLOOKUP and whatever
other lookups you're interested in (HLOOKUP() or just plain LOOKUP()).

VLookup searches down the leftmost column of a table for a match and returns
a value from a column to the right of the match on the same row.

HLookup searches left to right across a row of entries for a match and
returns a value from a row below the column the match was found in.

LOOKUP() allows you to look something up in one range and return a matching
item in another, similarly sized, range without it having to be to the right
of or below the range being searched.

Old June 4th 07, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
plc

thanks.