Excel Taking Long TIme to Start

Old June 1st 07, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sanford Lefkowitz

Default Excel Taking Long TIme to Start

When I try to start up Excel, it takes a VERY long time to open (like 3-4
minutes)
Much of the time, there is a message in the lower left, saying 'requesting
virus scan'
(I use Norton for my anti-virus). If I disable NAV, that does shorten the
time for Excel to open, but it stil takes 1-2 minutes. I have a similar
problem with Word, but it is not as bad. This problem developed gradually and
is getting worse. I do not have this problem with non-MS applications.
Any idea what to do anbout this?

TIA
Sanford
Old June 1st 07, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You may have too many "Add-in's" and/or an auto-start file that Excel is
having difficulty in retrieving during startup.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old June 1st 07, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You may want to clean up your windows temp folder. When this folder gets
cluttered, excel can be slow to load.

close excel and all other applications
windows start button>run
%temp%

and delete as many files/folders as you can.

--
HTH

Bob

"Sanford Lefkowitz" > wrote in