Side-by-side bar chart

Old May 16th 07, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jeff Reese

Default Side-by-side bar chart

Hello.

I'm using Excel 2007.

The goal: I want to build a bar chart that has two bars for each value (one
is volume, the other is effectiveness).

Category Effectiveness Volume
A 11.4% 398241
B 10.2% 364633
C 6.9% 49214
D 12.4% 32790
E 15.4% 14148

The problem: I can get the two data sets added with each value (volume on
the primary axis and effectiveness on the secondary axis). But... Excel
tries to stack the the two bars by default... I need them side by side.

I can't figure out how to get them side by side. Any help is appreciated.

--
Jeff
Old May 16th 07, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Excel doesn't stack them, it just draws one series in front of the other.
You need to add a couple invisible series to offset the visible ones:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Old May 16th 07, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

You need a column chart with two y-axes. And this is where Excel fails you.
See
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html
Jon show how to do it with Xl2003 (or earlier) but I'm sure you can follow
along in XL2007
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme