How to display percentage with 0 decimal point by Text function?

Old May 8th 07, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric

Default How to display percentage with 0 decimal point by Text function?

Does anyone know how to use Text function to display percentage with 0
decimal point? such as
0.5 displays in cell A1, in cell B1, how to write the code Text(A1, ???) in
order to display 50% in cell B1?
Thank for any suggestions
Eric
Old May 8th 07, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 8 May 2007 07:36:00 -0700, Eric > wrote:

>Does anyone know how to use Text function to display percentage with 0
>decimal point? such as
>0.5 displays in cell A1, in cell B1, how to write the code Text(A1, ???) in
>order to display 50% in cell B1?
>Thank for any suggestions
>Eric

=TEXT(A1,"0%")
--ron
Old May 8th 07, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

One way:

B1: =TEXT(A1,"0%")

alternatively,

B1: =A1

format B1 as a percentage with no decimal points.

Old May 8th 07, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Why use TEXT? In B1 enter =A1 and then format B1 as percent with zero
decimals.
But if you must: =TEXT(A1,"0%")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Old May 8th 07, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

One reason for using TEXT() is if the OP wants to export data to another
application, such as through mail merge to MS Word.
--
David Biddulph

Old May 9th 07, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric

Default Thank everyone for suggestions