I don't want dollar sign with zeros in unfilled currenty field?

Old May 4th 07, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don't want $0.00 to show on invoice

Default I don't want dollar sign with zeros in unfilled currenty field?

I am creating an invoice (not using a template). I don't want the unused
currency fields to display zeros / dollar sign. $0.00.

How do I leave the unused currency fields blank so that the $0.00 is not
showing until a dollar amount is entered in a given line?

Thanks, Connie
Old May 4th 07, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

If you are getting the currency field from somewhere else, then you
can have a formula like:

=IF(A1=0,"",A1)

where A1 is the cell that holds your dollar amount.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old May 5th 07, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Perhaps a Custom Number Format

Select the range of cells to be impacted

From the Excel main menu:
Category: Custom
Click [OK]

Using that, postive and negative numbers will display as currency, but zeros
won't display at all (they'll still be there though)

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP