adding dynamic lines or quadrants to bubble chart?

Old May 4th 07, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Griff

Default adding dynamic lines or quadrants to bubble chart?

hello!

I have a bubble chart which I'm trying to add lines (or coloured squares)
to, so I can group the bubbles into 4 defined-by-cell-value parts of the chart

Currently I have 2 lines crossing the chart which I have to manually move if
values change (they should each cross the axis at the weighted average point)
but as the chart is going to be made into multiple versions I want to
automate as much as possible

I did see Mr Peltier's guide for adding dynamic quadrants to x-y charts (I
don't mind if the bubbles are segmented by rectangles either!) but couldn't
find anything showing me how to do it with bubbles - any ideas?

using XL 2003

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!
Old May 4th 07, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Unfortunately bubble charts cannot be combined with other chart types. You
can use custom-sized markers (e.g., large and small circles) for the points
of an XY chart with area or column chart backgrounds:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...omMarkers.html

But this is not natively dynamic. You would have to use VBA and some kind of
event procedures to make the bubbles update when the data changed.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Old May 8th 07, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Griff

Thanks Jon for the reply - I may not be able to build the chart as I was
asked to, but at least now you've told me it can't be done I need not waste
any more time searching for the magic solution in Excel!

cheers

griff